21 Sep The Stop Smoking Statistics You Need to Know
Public Health England (PHE) are encouraging people to join in the mass quit attempt, Stoptober, and get the right Stop Smoking support for them.
Statistics have been shared to suggest that you are:
- Five times more likely to quit smoking for good if you stay smokefree for the whole 28 days.
- Four times more likely to stop smoking with the right support.
- One person quits smoking every 80 seconds in England.
Stoptober starts on the 1st of October 2018. PHE have reported, “Last year, nearly 400,000 smokers in England quit successfully, which is the equivalent to 1,069 smokers each day. Despite new smokers starting and ex-smokers relapsing, there are now 1 million fewer smokers in England since 2014.”
Here is what you need to know about Stoptober:
Your dedicated Stop Smoking Advisor will back your Stoptober challenge with regular catch-ups to talk about the best medication options for you, and create a plan that’s tailored to your lifestyle. Our trained advisors’ are free to access and will quadruple your chances of quitting smoking for good.
Other lifestyle factors your Stop Smoking Advisor can guide you through include:
- Discovering your triggers and ways to avoid them.
- Finding your Stop Smoking community – whether it’s friends, family or social groups that have the same goals as you.
- Helping you to understand both the positive impacts you feel within hours of quitting.
- The withdrawal symptoms you may experience and ways to get through it.
Whether it’s your first, fifth or fifteenth attempt to save money, live a healthier lifestyle and make a positive change. There’s no better time to do it than NOW.
‘Get Started’ by completing a few questions and a member of our team will be in-touch to arrange your stop smoking support throughout Stoptober.